Thursday, March 1, 2012

board game. noun: fun

You know that moment when someone asks you about some aspect of your life that you love to talk about? What a very rare moment. It’s like someone just said, “You’re awesome. Tell me how to be awesome too.”

Tonight, Ryan (brother-in-law) sent me a few texts asking about some strategy board games I recommend for him and Matthew (nephew) to play. Asking me about board games is asking me to define fun, so I let him have it. I told him about all levels of difficult strategy games and what I recommend for a smart 10-year-old. (Everything from Quoridor to Merchants & Marauders, basically.)

Anyway, Ryan asked, so I told. And now he wants to have me over to teach him and Matthew how to play a few games. After reading this short post alone, do you really think I turned him down?

There you go. That's how awesome I am. Ask me anytime you like.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are so excited to do this. I think this will be fun for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just remind me not to get too excited. I don't want to scare off potential gamers.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog! I do now, thanks to Den. Thanks for coming over and YES you are awesome! We had a blast and will get Quoridor and Dominion. Crazy that it turned out Emily was the big winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad Dennis could help you discover it. Thanks so much for having me over! I had so much fun. With a little more preparation, I can have more time next time. Sorry for the rush.

      I kind of had to restrain myself today. I love board games so much I could talk about them for hours. Nerdy, but it's true.

      Delete