Sunday, May 19, 2013

Just two tired boys getting their weekend fill

Karen and I wanted to take Rich someplace where he could run around this morning. We picked the mall, which is huge, and we strolled around to a few shops briefly before heading to the mall's play area. ON OUR WAY TO THE PLAY AREA, Rich fell asleep. We were seriously 100 feet away (maybe yards, because it really is a massive mall) when we noticed his head was leaning to the side and his eyes were closed. Defeated in our attempts to let him have some play time, we went shopping instead. For him. Because that’s what good parents do when they take their son to the mall too close to nap time. We ended up finding some great shirts and shorts for him at Crazy 8, so it worked out for the best.

The goal was for me to study for FM the whole afternoon while Karen watched Rich. Karen got a grocery list ready after we got back from the mall while I let Rich sit in my lap and watch some Baby Einstein videos. And I fell asleep! For maybe 10 minutes, so it wasn’t a big deal, but when I woke up he was lounging against me, head resting on my chest, as he watched his show. I only really woke up because the episode ended and he said “uh-oh, uh-oh” over and over again. It was really nice having him lie there on me in the office chair in our bedroom. He was very quiet and he let me sleep (for the most part).

No comments:

Post a Comment