Sunday, May 5, 2013

The cousins plan their escape

I was the only one downstairs with Rich and Grant for a few minutes this afternoon. At one point I watched them go to the entry way doors, stand on their toes, and try the locks on the knobs. Grant tried the front door and Rich tried the door to the garage, which are right next to each other. After a little while, Grant stopped trying the front door and looked over at Rich. He took a few small steps toward him.

GRANT: Hey.

Rich, on his toes, turned to look at Grant. He got down from his toes. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Rich backed away from the door and Grant stepped in to give it a try. Grant tried that lock too. Then they both walked away and on to other things.

Is there some unspoken understanding they have between each other?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I was in the kitchen just now preparing dinner for later when Den came in and said I needed to read your blog because I would really like it. I'm looking forward to hearing more of the Richie/Grant adventures! Or should I say partners in crime. ha!

    ReplyDelete