Saturday, March 30, 2013

Give him his seeeel already

Rich is hilarious. Yesterday he started dancing all on his own using a dance move that to our knowledge was not taught him. He holds his hips and moves his arms back and forth, alternating between the two. Also, something funny happened tonight just before bed.

KAREN: Richie, do you want some juice?
RICH: No. Seeeel.
(pause)
RICH: Seeeel. Seeeel.
KAREN: (trying to figure it out) Oh, you want some cereal?

So we headed downstairs. Sure enough, he wanted cereal. “Seeeel” has been his word for cereal lately, but we didn’t understand him the first few times he said it tonight. Once he took his first piece of cereal and ate it:

RICH: Mmmmm!

We laughed. He obviously really wanted it.

6 comments:

  1. The best part was that he was telling me what he wanted. I didn't prompt him to say anything. He remembered what he liked, then let me know. It really was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention that, but that's exactly what I was thinking.

      Delete
  2. Grandpa loves his "Seeeel" too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that if I was on a desert island for the rest of my life, I would be happy with cereal. And maybe popcorn and produce, but that's about it.

      Delete
  3. It's so exciting learning how Richie is putting vocab together with thoughts and desires for things. And it's wonderful he has such listening parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hardest when he jabbers. Because he speaks very confidently and yet I have no idea what he's saying.

      Delete