Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's like they're singing

Here’s a voicemail I saved on my phone a few weeks ago. It is one of three messages Karen and Rich left for me, but I didn’t know my phone deleted things so quickly and so I wasn’t able to capture the other two in written form. At least I have the one.

KAREN: Hi, Daddy!
RICH: Hi, Da.
KAREN: Hi, Daddy! We know you’re in class, but we love you. Can you say that you love Daddy? Richie, say love you.
RICH: Bye.
KAREN: No no, we’re not leaving yet! Say, we love you Daddy and we can’t wait until you’re home. Can you say home?
RICH: Ho-eh.
KAREN: Okay. We’ll talk to you soon. Bye, Daddy!
RICH: (background) Da!
KAREN: Bye! Say bye?
RICH: (background) Bye!

It’s music. Truly. I cannot think of many things that make me feel more important or happier.

3 comments:

  1. Well. Really, I think you probably are the most important thing (person) in the world to Richie. It's pretty fun to see how much he loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both his WORLD. He is so blessed to have you as parents.

    ReplyDelete