Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Not old news to Rich, apparently

Karen and I ate dinner before Rich came home from his cousins' house tonight, but we sat with him while he ate before shower time. As Karen fed him some quinoa mixed with beans and corn, Rich and I exchanged his toy phone (one of my old cell phones) in conversations here and there. Here was one such “phone call” that I answered and passed on to him.

ME: (on the "phone") Hello?...Yeah....I see....Well I don’t—...Yeah, I think that’s old news though....I don’t know....I guess, but he might not want to hear it....Okay, well you’re welcome to try.

I handed the phone to Rich and quietly said to him, “It’s for you.” He took the phone and put it to his ear.

RICH: Hello?...Yeah....Yeah....Oh?...That’s awesome!...Oh....Bye.

Karen and I laughed. It was one of those perfect moments we wish we had on video.

3 comments:

  1. Really? Wow. That must have been SO fun to hear! He's really got the hang of talking. I laugh thinking how he threw in "that's awesome." !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to put these things in my journal even if we don't always capture them on the camera, but there are too many to keep up with. He's funny, and he knows he's funny.

      Delete
    2. And he loves to try to make us laugh. It's pretty much his goal in life right now.

      Delete