Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Threads in the pattern

I finished tonight what may be my last university homework assignment ever. It's hard to say because I don't know if Cambia will offer me employment at the conclusion of my internship this summer. But it's possible. It's a weird feeling, really. My last homework assignment may have been on the definition of a derivative. Not sure how I feel about that. It hasn't been the most interesting topic, so it's not much of a bang to go out with.

Though, I do remember emailing McKay while he was in Florida serving as a missionary. I was in high school, studying calculus. I asked him if he still knew how to find the derivative of a certain function. He confessed he did not. (McKay went on to get both a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in math.)

So it is that I [possibly] end where I [kind of] began. The wheel of time certainly does turn.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm excited for you to get an externship or was that internship? Either way, the experience is going to be wonderful! Every experience is a stepping stone. What a blessing & to think you just finished your last homework assignment? That is a BIG deal! CONGRATS! Coming as far as you have took alot & HIGH FIVE TYLER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! There certainly have been a lot of stepping stones along the way. Life is just one big stepping stone.

      Delete
  2. Yes...but it's how you step my friend...you'll DO GREAT!

    ReplyDelete