Sunday, April 21, 2013

Late night snacking never hurt anybody

Last night, Rich went to bed around his normal time, maybe a little earlier, but he didn’t go to sleep. We heard him talking for maybe an hour, maybe a little less. Finally, Karen suggested I take a drink in to him. It was water because we already brushed his teeth. He was happy to see me and we chatted in whispers while he sat in his crib in the dark. But then Karen suggested he might be hungry since we had a really early dinner, so I brought him in a blueberry Eggo waffle and we chatted some more. Uncharacteristically, he ate the entire thing. So I heated up another waffle and Karen and I joined him together. He ate the entire second waffle as well. He chatted in whispers with us and was very happy to see us. After some water and two waffles, the kid was out. Just another job well done in the world of parenting.

2 comments:

  1. Karen sure knew that one. I can't sleep either when I'm hungry. Richie must have thought that was the coolest thing having both parents join him for snacks in his room.

    I can just picture RIchie and Grant soon talking to each other in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm kind of afraid Grant won't get any sleep with Rich as a roomie.

      Delete